MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- Advised and acted for Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Berhad (Perisai) in its acquisition of 100% interest in Garuda Energy (L) Inc, an asset owner of a Mobile Offshore Production Unit, for a purchase consideration of USD70 million of which USD50 million was satisfied in cash and the remaining USD20 million was satisfied by way of issuance of new ordinary shares in Perisai.
- Advised and acted for Tune Ins Holdings Berhad in its acquisition of 77.92% interest in a general insurer, Oriental Capital Assurance Berhad (now Tune Insurance Malaysia Berhad) for an aggregate cash consideration of RM153.13 million, and subsequent mandatory general offer for the remaining shares.
- Advised and acted for Agro Asia Pacific Ltd in its acquisition of 100% interest in (i) Arani Agro Oil Industries Ltd (ii) Premium Vegitable Oils Sdn Bhd and (iii) Premium Fats Sdn Bhd, for an aggregate cash consideration of RM117.95 million.
- Advised and acted as Malaysian counsel for a company listed on the Singapore Exchange in its acquisition of a significant interest in a group of companies located in East Malaysia which operates a tanker business.
- Advised and acted for DVA (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. (a company listed on the New York Stock Exchange) in its acquisition of kidney dialysis centres located throughout Malaysia.
- Advised and acted for ECM Libra Financial Group Berhad in the disposal of 100% interest in its investment banking arm, ECM Libra Investment Bank Berhad. The consideration for the disposal of RM875.11 million was satisfied by cash and issuance of shares and loan stocks to the vendor.
- Advised and acted for Pacific & Orient Berhad in the disposal of its 49% interest in Pacific & Orient Insurance Co. Berhad for a cash consideration of RM270 million.
- Advised and acted for Emas Kiara Industries Berhad in the disposal of its geosynthetic manufacturing business for a cash consideration of RM100 million.
- Advised and acted for Safety Capital Sdn Bhd in the disposal of its interest in Maybank Life Assurance Berhad for a total consideration of RM85 million by way of selective capital repayment and special distribution of dividends.
CAPITAL MARKETS / CORPORATE FINANCE
- Acted for insurance group Tune Ins Holdings Berhad (TIH) in its offering (comprising a public offering in Malaysia and an international placement of shares in reliance on Regulation S under the U.S. Securities Act) and listing on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (Bursa Securities). The public offering by TIH raised gross proceeds of RM222.2 million and TIH recorded a market capitalisation of RM1 billion upon listing.
- Advised and acted for AYS Ventures Berhad on the reverse take-over of a company listed on Bursa Securities by way of a members' scheme of arrangement under section 176 of the Companies Act, 1965.
- Advised and acted as Malaysian counsel for Aseana Properties Limited in its listing on the Main Board of London Stock Exchange.
PROPERTY WORK; JOINT DEVELOPMENT
- Advised and acted for Ireka Corporation Berhad in respect of its joint venture with Aseana Properties Limited for the acquisition and development of a piece of land in the vicinity of Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) through a joint venture company. Advised and negotiated the sale and purchase agreement for the acquisition of the development land for a cash consideration of RM87.1 million.
- Advised and acted for Aseana Properties Limited (a company listed on the London Stock Exchange) in respect of its joint venture with Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad for the development of office towers and a hotel in Kuala Lumpur Sentral (KL Sentral).
- Advised and acted for SBC Corporation Berhad in a joint venture for the development of the Jesselton Waterfront Project in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah with an estimated gross development value of RM1.8 billion.
- Advised and acted for Tradewinds Corporation Berhad in the disposal of its 31-storey office building known as Menara Tun Razak for an aggregate cash consideration of RM510 million.
- Advised and acted for Tradewinds Corporation Berhad in the disposal of its 100% equity interest in TPC Development Ltd, which owns the Intercontinental Hanoi Westlake Hotel, for an aggregate cash consideration of USD75 million.
- Advised and acted for Tune Hotels Sdn Bhd in the acquisition of certain properties in Malaysia.
- Advised and acted for a Malaysian government linked corporation (GLC) in the negotiations with a Singapore GLC in relation to various land transactions and service agreements for a project at Medini Iskandar, Johor.
JOINT VENTURES, BANKING AND FINANCE
- Advised on the Shareholders Agreement for Konsortium Rangkaian Serantau Sdn Bhd, a consortium of 24 telecommunications companies with the objective of lowering the wholesale cost of international and local bandwith capacity, a project under the Economic Transformation Programme.
- Advised and acted for Tune Hotels Regional Services Sdn Bhd in respect of its joint venture for the development and hotel management of a chain of limited service hotels in India.
- Advised and acted for Think Big Digital Sdn Bhd which owns and operates BIG - AirAsia and Tune Group's loyalty programme in the subscription of a minority stake by Aimia, Inc.
- Advised and acted for Plato Capital Sdn Bhd in their mezzanine funding of RM37 million to privatise Eng Teknologi Berhad, a company listed on Bursa Securities.